Winner of the Award for the ALT-C 2010 Best Proceedings Paper
0188 "An analysis of first-year business students’ mobile phones and their use for learning"
Claire Bradley and Debbie Holley
London Metropolitan University
http://tinyurl.com/36vldzz - 1.3MB PDF of full paper
0204 "First steps to second life: learning to simulate and simulating to learn"
Bob Hallawell, Jenny Prior, Patrick Lockley
University of Nottingham
http://tinyurl.com/34wzypr - 1.9MB PDF Poster
http://tinyurl.com/34edton - 1.7MB PDF Leaflet
http://altc2010.alt.ac.uk/talks/15202 - Abstract
Winner of the ALT-C 2010 Best Poster Award (voting by people not attending the conference)
0096 "Changing the way we see test-items in a computer-based environment: Screen design and question difficulty"
http://tinyurl.com/39le6fa - 2MB PDF Poster
http://tinyurl.com/34xhgx6 - 2MB PDF Handout
http://altc2010.alt.ac.uk/talks/15192 - Abstract
Results of the ALT 2010 Learning Technologist of the Year Award, sponsored by Vital and by Desire2Learn
- Winners: Cristina Costa from the Research and Graduate College at the University of Salford, and Kevin McLaughlin from St Peter’s Church of England
- Primary School, Whetstone, Leicestershire.
- Runner up: Mike Wald from the School of Electronics and Computer Science at the University of Southampton
- Highly Commended: Terese Bird from the Beyond Distance Research Alliance at the University of Leicester
- Winner: The TALL team from the Department for Continuing Education at the University of Oxford
- Runner up: The Digital Learning Team at the National Institute of Adult Continuing Education (NIACE)
- Highly commended: The Bloomsbury Learning Environment Technical Team from Birkbeck, the Institute of Education, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, the Royal Veterinary College, and the School of Oriental and African Studies.
There is a four-page summary of the award-winners' achievements at http://repository.alt.ac.uk/817/