Here are some frequently asked questions. If an answer you are looking for isn’t here try the ‘Feedback’ button (top right)
Conference Site (2)
Yes you can delete your account and all information from your profile settings (Delete Your Account you need to be logged in to do this)
The altc2013 conference platform is build on a WordPress installation primarily using four additional WordPress plugins
- Conferencer – used to manage programme and session information
- BuddyPress – social networking platform
- FeedWordPress – used to pull delegate activity from 3rd party blogs and sites
- MailPress – for daily newsletter distribution and management
We strongly discourage you from doing this because:
- we’ve grouped papers into sessions in a coherent way;
- it is up the session Chair to determin the order of papers in multi-paper sessions;
- it is impossible accurately to predict start and finish times of papers in multi-paper sessions;
- people leaving and joining sessions mid-way through can be disruptive to delegates and presenters alike.
altc2013 will run from the morning of Tuesday 10th to the afternoon of Thursday 12th September 2013.
Please note that sometimes speakers, even keynotes, have to change times as a result of other circumstances and so we cannot guarantee that you will get to hear a specific speaker – the only way to be sure is to attend the entire conference.
I cannot come to the conference but understand that I can participate in some sessions remotely and even ask questions through Twitter?
Details about online participation will be published at this link in due course: http://altc2013.alt.ac.uk/live/
We encourage you to do so as this gives a sense of who will be coming and enable people to find each other in and after sessions.