Forthcoming ALT Events
ALT-C 2011: “Thriving in a colder and more challenging climate”
ALT’s 18th international conference of the Association for Learning Technology, University of Leeds, UK, 6-8 September 2011.
The ALT-C 2011 themes will be:
- Research and rigour – creating, marshalling and making effective use of evidence
- Making things happen – systematic design, planning, and implementation
- Broad tents and strange bedfellows – collaborating, scavenging and sharing to increase value
- At the sharp end – enabling organisations and their managers to solve business, pedagogic and technical challenges
- Teachers of the future – understanding and influencing the future role and practices of teachers
- Preparing for a thaw – looking ahead to a time beyond the disruptive discontinuities of the next few years
Keynote speakers to include:
- Miguel Brechner, Head of Uruguay’s Plan Ceibal, under which all children and teachers in public schools in Uruguay have received their own laptop and connectivity to the Internet;
- John Naughton, Professor of the Public Understanding of Technology at the Open University, and the Observer’s technology columnist.
- John Cook, Professor of Technology Enhanced Learning at the Learning Technology Research Institute, London Metropolitan University;
- Sugata Mitra, Professor of Educational Technology at Newcastle University
- October 2010: call for sponsors and exhibitors
- November 2010: call for proposals for demonstrations, full proceedings papers, posters, short papers, symposia, and workshops
- December 2010 to 14 February 2011: submission of proposals for inclusion in the conference programme
- April 2011: review, acceptance, rejection and editing of proposals
- May 2011: bookings open
- 27 June 2011: booking deadline for presenters
- 4 July 2011: early-bird booking deadline
- 12 August 2011: bookings close
For further information with a sign-up form for low volume email distribution list about the conference is available from the conference website http://www.alt.ac.uk/altc2011/.
ALT/eLN lunchtime webinars
Dates for your diary:
- 6 December 2010 - Learning in 2020, with Gilly Salmon (now Chair of ALT)
For further information on all ALT’s events: http://www.alt.ac.uk/events.php.
ALT runs a number of one-day conferences, workshops and webinars throughout the year for its members. If you have an idea for a workshop or a webinar, please email Hayley Maisey, Head of Operations and Events at ALT: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are interested in proposals to run a workshop/ webinar at which you might be a presenter, or demands for a workshop /webinar on a topic or theme that you feel represents a gap that needs filling.