- Mark Child examines the impact of students' sense of presence and embodiment
on the effectiveness of learning in virtual worlds.
- Google Certified Teacher (GCT) Kevin McLaughlin outlines 10 steps to
take after you have applied for your Google Apps for Education domain.
- Kayvon Beykpour outlines Blackboard's approach to mobile development for education.
- Stuart Sutherland outlines lessons learned about the development and the
management of the National College’s professional networking and learning environment.
- Tom Franklin discusses some of the reasons why apparently 'successful'
projects 'fail' in the longer term.
- In our first book review, Eamon Costello reviews ePortfolios:
Beginner's Guide by Derrin Michael Kent, Glenys Gillian Bradbury, Margaret Anne
Kent, and Richard William Hand.
- Zack Whittaker, a student at the University of Kent, Canterbury, proposes
that that combining mobile devices with university-provided resources has
significant potential to aid the learning process.
- Wendy Hardbottle introduces Epigeum's new resource 'University and
- Andrew Brown outlines how Learning and Teaching Scotland (LTS) is
embracing the challenges and opportunities technology presents to education by
pioneering the world’s first national intranet and online community for
- A week in the life of Professor John Traxler, University of Wolverhampton.